Speedy me!
Today was my first attempt at intervals. My original plan was to run my 4x400m intervals at a 9.50 pace, which is slightly faster than my regular pace, and then increase my pace as my training goes on. Turns out I'm faster than that, though. I ended up doing my intervals at a 8.50 pace. I am going to have to modify my training schedule.
I was reading this month's issue of Runner's World. Aaron, you should definitely follow the advice about chaffing. No one warned me that various important body parts (read: ass cheeks) would chafe while I ran the marathon, although everyone I talked to afterwards seemed to be well prepared. Apparently some things are too personal to warn your friends about.....
After taking so long off of running, it's like running with new shoes again. I have big blisters. Not cool.
On a final note, today is a sad day.

2 Comments:
What the heck is a pilate? I ran 3.69 miles today and almost died. It is too hot in Oklahoma! That's my excuse anyways.
Nice work by the way; keep it up.
-Aaron-
Bummer that you guys are stuck down there in the hot, hot south... Just think about how chilly and drizzly it will be during our race!
And, Joel, your comment about giving your best to those who may be interested made me laugh. I've never heard anyone put it quite like that, like there'd be uninterested people or something.
-Kodjo
Post a Comment
<< Home